Course Hosting FAQ
What is a Learning Management System (LMS) and does WebOffices use one?
- An LMS is key to the delivery of your training materials. It provides your users/students with a self-registration and payment system, course curriculums, a navigational system, testing capabilities, and other utilities which enable your online learning school.
For a more detailed explanation, please see our free training course, Internet Based Course Delivery Basics.
And yes, WebOffices does use a full-featured and easy to use LMS. View the guided tour to see how it works.
Most importantly, we do it all for you, with a complete turnkey service.
What is SCORM?
- SCORM, which stands for ‘Sharable Content Object Reference Model’ is a set of online training standards and specifications designed to facilitate communication between your content and the Learning Management System. For instance, with SCORM-compliant lessons, the LMS will remember where a student was when he quit for the day, and when he returns the LMS will allow him to resume where he left off.
Is the WebOffices Learning Management System SCORM-compliant?
- Yes, WebOffices utilizes only industry-standard SCORM-compliant tools to create and deliver your online training materials.
Can I have my own branded online school?
- Yes. You can choose the name (e.g. XYZ Company University) and provide us with your logo and any other brand images or taglines. We will then integrate your branding into all aspects of your online school, including the web address, the look and feel of the LMS, your course content and tests, and your course certificates.
How can I track activity within my online school?
- Excel-based usage reports provide information on users, course activity, test results, and more. You can sort and filter these reports based on users, groups, dates, etc.
Do I need to install software on my own website to make this work?
- No, the WebOffices LMS is a turn-key, hosted solution. You just provide us with your content, and we handle the rest. We make sure that your training materials are housed in an optimal multimedia-ready environment, and we handle all the technical upkeep of your online training site.
Can I use the LMS to promote and sell my live/in-person courses too?
- Yes, in addition to the online courses you can provide registration and payment services for any of your in-person classes. This way, all your training services are consolidated into one system, streamlining your administration and making it easy for students to see all your options.
What kind of credit cards does the WebOffices system accept?
- We use three major gateways, PayPal, Verisign, and Authorize.net. If you don’t already have a merchant account, we can implement PayPal for you. Through the PayPal merchant interface, you can accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal. If you already have a merchant account, all the credit cards you currently accept can be processed through the WebOffices system.
What kind of payment flexibility can I offer my customers? For example, can I offer different pricing options to different audiences?
- Our flexible coupon capability allows you to offer a variety of coupons and promotions, including percentage discounts, dollar value discounts, special pricing, or even a free course.
Can this program offer volume discounts? I have a few large customers who may want to buy my courses in bulk.
- Yes, you can price these courses any way you desire. With webpresentme you get your own exclusive bank account for payment flows, and with this account you can accept ACH, direct invoice, or do any number of sophisticated billing methods.